HideMyAss – Secure and Anonymous VPN Service
Do you want to access geo-restricted websites while browsing with your favorite browser? Here are the options you have for hiding IP Opera:
1. Web proxies
This is the simplest way to hide your IP from any browser you use (including Opera). A web proxy is basically a site that works as an intermediate between you and the site you want to see/access. The key point is that the site you access does not see your IP as the calling source, but the web proxy.
You can find a lot of web proxies on sites like proxy.org. What you have to do is to access such a proxy, type in your desired URL and press Go/Submit. To be sure that it does change your IP, you can first type xmyip.com and see the IP and location of the proxy.
Usually, these are used to unblock sites like YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, but they are also useful for posting on forums or other such activities.
The main disadvantage of web proxies is that they have a short life and get banned, so you have to permanently look for fresh proxies. Also, make sure read the following post: Risks of using a proxy site.
Here are some old posts that list web proxies:
- 10 Dutch Web Proxies
- Other Proxies to Unblock Restricted Sites
- East European Proxies
- French Web Proxies
- Proxies to Unblock Facebook
- Free Proxy Sites from Germany
- 100+ Unblock MySpace Proxies – Free For All
2. Use open proxies
There are a lot of sites that list open proxies you can use to hide your IP. An open proxy is a proxy with an address xx.xx.xx.xx: port that can be used as an intermediate between you and the site you want to see (the same mechanism as for web proxies).
You can try using OperaTor, a bundle that combines Opera browser, Tor and Privoxy. But, OperaTor will not only hide your IP. It will leave no tracks about your online activities (as every browser does). Also, Torfox may be an alternative.
4. Use hide IP Opera software
There are a lot of hide IP software on the market. The main advantage of such software is they make it easier. You don’t have you look for new and working (web) proxies and configure your browser. They do these tasks for you. If you are interested to try, you can take a look to our recommended list of read other post I published on such softwares:
- UltraSurf – Ultra Easy To Hide Your IP
- Browse With US IP Address Using IP Privacy
- GPass: A Free Solution To Hide Your IP
- How To Hide Your IP Using Invisible Browsing
Important! Most of these products automatically change settings for IE and Firefox. For Opera, it may be necessary to make some additional settings.
5. VPN services
The most secure way to hide IP Opera is by using a VPN services. VPNs offer a high level of encryption and superior speed. Also, premium VPN providers offer many server locations (take for example HideMyAss, ibVPN, PureVPN, ExpressVPN, PrivateInternetAccess, NordVPN).
Here are some lists of VPN providers:
- United States – List of VPN Services that Provide US IP Addresses
- United Kingdom – List of VPN Services that Provide UK IP Addresses
- Germany – List of VPN Services that Provide DE IP Addresses
- France – List of VPN Services that Provide French IP Addresses
- Asia & Australia – List of VPN Services that Provide IP Addresses from Asia and Australia
- Torrent Friendly – List of VPN Services that allow P2P/Torrent traffic
6. Hide IP Opera Add-ons
Another good option for masking your IP on Opera is by using a proxy add-on. Simply go to Opera add-ons store and type proxy. Thus, you will get several results including ibVPN, the extension that I recommend.