US VPN –
What is a US VPN service?
A US VPN service is a VPN that offers access to one or more servers located in the United States. A more extended definition includes the VPN services that change your IP to a US one, but the actual server is not located in the United States. They provide basically the same service.
What is a US IP address?
A US IP address is an IP that is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in United States. The most common United States IPs have the following format:
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
You may find more info regarding the US IP blocks by checking this post.
How to choose a US VPN provider?
Firstly, take a look at the suggested providers from the list below. Your choice depends on your budget and on what you need. For each provider take a look at the number of locations in the United States and the number of IP addresses. Also, I recommend starting with the VPN services that offer a trial. You can easily setup a free account and see how they fit your needs.
List of US VPN services
And, here it is the list of recommended VPN services with servers and/or IPs in the United States:
|VPN Provider||Price||Free Trial|
What you can use a US VPN for
When one connects to such a server all the Internet traffic is redirected to that server. Basically, there are 2 obvious reasons for using a US VPN:
- Unlock geo-restricted sites (sites that are designed and offered to US users) like Hulu, Pandora, Netflix, Spotify.
- Encrypt your Internet traffic and protect yourself from sniffing attacks (this is for US users that already have access to all the above-mentioned sites).
Premium US VPN providers offer a large number of US server options, with unlimited bandwidth and great browsing speed. And, the prices vary from $4 to $15 per month.
Do you know other good VPN services that offer US IP addresses? Feel free to mention them in the comments.