When does How-to-hide-ip.net collect my personal information?
You may provide personal information to How-to-hide-ip.net in one of following ways:
(1) by sharing your e-mail address when subscribing to the newsletter,
(2) by sharing personal information (name, email address, IP address) when you submit news tips or questions via the Contact Form,
(3) by sharing personal information (name, email address, IP address) when you post comments on posts.
In addition to basic contact information, the analytics trackers may also collect information that is in no way personally identifiable. This may include the operating system you are working on, the Internet browser you are using, and the screen resolution of your computer.
How does How-to-hide-ip.net use my personal information?
Depending on what you have subscribed to, How-to-hide-ip.net may use your information in a number of ways.
- The email address you provided through our newsletter subscription form enables us to send you news and offers. This subscription is entirely opt-in by the user. (We cannot subscribe you to the newsletter as you personally must have access to the email account in order to verify the subscription.) Subscribers can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
- The email address that you use when contacting us with an editorial tip or via our Contact Form will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
- The email address associated with your account when you comment on stories may be used in conjunction with contests and promotions hosted on How-to-hide-ip.net’s website to notify you if you have won. Email addresses provided in comments are not used for any other reason.
To maintain a site that is free of charge, How-to-hide-ip.net displays advertisements. We do not use any information you give us to help our advertisers target the audience they want to reach and to provide you with potentially interesting advertisements.
At no time does any party other than How-to-hide-ip.net have access to your personally identifiable information (with the exception of Google who maintains our RSS subscription-by-email service), and you will never be contacted by any party other than How-to-hide-ip.net.
When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from How-to-hide-ip.net, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of our communications. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in manners consistent with your stated preferences.
Non-personally identifiable information (such as stated above) may be shared in aggregate form with our advertisers or marketing partners but your personally identifiable information will never be disclosed to them.
Who else has access to my personal information?
The ads appearing on How-to-hide-ip.net’s website are delivered to you by Google or directly by us. Information about your visit to this site, such as a number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you on this site.
For more information about how the information is collected and used, please see the following:
Is there anything else I should know about my privacy and How-to-hide-ip.net?
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments page or in any properties hosted by How-to-hide-ip.net becomes public information. How-to-hide-ip.net is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
Last update: 05.18.2018