Opera has released version 10 of its well-known browser which brings a whole lot of new features and a stylish new user-interface. The new version does not only look nicer but also is very fast (take a look at the browser speed tests on LifeHacker.com for more info). Learn about Opera proxy.
Even with a low browser market-share, Opera still has its fans. So it would be useful to see how Opera 10 can be configured to use a proxy.
The first step – find a good proxy
The first step, as usual, is to find a good proxy (IP:port). Take a look to Proxy4Free.com SamAir.ru and choose a high anonymous proxy. Now you can start configuring your Opera 10 browser.
The second step – configure Opera proxy
Here is what you have to do next:
- Open Opera 10
- Go to Tools -> Preferences…
- Choose Advanced tab and press Network in the left panel
- Press Proxy Servers … button
- In the Proxy Servers window, check HTTP:
- Fill in the HTTP and the Port text boxes with the info taken from the above proxy list (e.g. 126.96.36.199: 8080 where the IP address of the proxy is 188.8.131.52 and the port is 8080) (take a look above).
- Press Ok and then Ok again and you are done.
Check your IP address
After the configuration is completed go to What Is My IP page and check your new IP address. You can now browse anonymously using Opera 10.
Important! When you are done with the proxy don’t forget to uncheck the HTTP check box.
Opera proxy alternatives
If you are unhappy with the proxies you find you may switch to hide IP Opera alternatives: Opera proxy add-ons or VPN services.
The Opera proxy add-ons are easy to install and use add-ons that allow you to connect to premium proxies without any manual configuration. You may find such add-ons here. The one that I recommend is ibVPN Opera add-on.
VPN services are not only changing the IP address of your Opera browser but to all applications running on your computer. Such a service is HideMyAss, the leading VPN service.
What Opera proxy do you use? Let us your thoughts in the comments below.