Hide My IP 2009 is one of the leading solutions when it comes to anonymous browsing. Its simple interface and effectiveness are impressive. This post presents the main features of Hide My IP 2009 and highlights several pros and cons.
HideMyIP 2009 main features
- Hides your identity while using E-mail clients, chat clients, games, and more
- Protects your identity from hackers – Identity thieves can use your IP addresses to compromise your computer. Installing keyloggers, Trojans, and other tools to aid their crime. You can stop them at the source by hiding your IP!
- Sends anonymous emails by hiding your IP in E-mail headers. Supports Webmail services like Yahoo, Hotmail, and GMail.
- Provides automatic browser configuration – It works with all major browsers.
How to use Hide My IP 2009
First, you have to go to Hide My IP site and then download the product. If you are using an anti-virus solution it is possible to get a warning message after installation. You’ll need to restart the computer.
When Hide My IP starts you get a very simple interface where you can:
- Hide your IP by clicking Hide My IP button
- Set your IP to be changed every X minutes
- Clear cookies when the IP is changed
- Require US IP address (only US-based IPs are provided)
- Encrypt your connection
Also, don’t miss the Advanced Settings if you are interested in hiding your user agent and referrer header.
Hide My IP 2009 Pros and Cons
- It hides your IP address in one click (Select Invisible or Secure)
- Simple and easy to use UI. Suitable for beginners. No user guide needed.
- It can encrypt your traffic
- It provides fast proxies
- It works with all browsers tested: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome, and Safari. No need for manual configuration.
- It can be used for sending emails anonymously.
- You can not choose the location of the proxy. For example, if you need a UK IP you need to request a new IP several IPs until you get the one you need.
What do you think about Hide My IP? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.