Later Edit: GPass has not been updated for a long time (the last update was released in 2008). You should check some VPN services like HideMyAss, ibVPN, ExpressVPN, PureVPN, PrivateInternetAccess or NordVPN.
GPass is a free software used mainly to circumvent censorship from several countries like China, Pakistan, etc. This great software can also be used as a free solution to hide your IP.
How does GPass work?
The main idea of this application is to wrap the Internet traffic in various formats and tunnels and then sent packets to its servers. The servers unwrap the packets and forward them to their destination on your behalf, yet they hide your identity (i.e., IP address).
I have selected a list of pros and cons of this hide ip solution. Here they are:
- It is portable and it does not need installation. You just need to store GPass.exe in a folder, a flash drive, or a CDROM and double-click it to start it.
- Supports streaming audio/video, email, instant messaging, download managers, etc
- Servers are really fast
- Encrypts all web communication
- It supports Skype and Tor channels
- Easy to upgrade
- There are only a limited number of servers available
- You can not select the country for your cover IP.
- You will always be shown as from the US.
Here are the steps you have to follow if you decide to try it:
- Download GPass from
- Start it.
- Select the fastest available server from the available servers
- Double Click on Default Browser
- Check your IP address
- Start browsing
- Enjoy! 🙂