What is a German IP address?
A German IP address is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in Germany. The most common German IPs have the following format:
- 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (Telekom Deutschland)
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (Telekom Deutschland)
- 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (Deutsche Telekom)
- 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (Telefonica Germany)
Are you interested in finding more info regarding the German IP blocks? Check this post.
3 Ways to get a German IP address
1. Manually change your IP using paid or open proxies
A good solution to change your IP to one from Germany is by using the open or paid proxies. They are quite stable and provide fair speed. But, you may need to pay attention to your privacy. DO NOT enter your credit card details or other sensitive info while browsing using open proxies.
You may find proxies with German IP addresses on Free-Proxy.cz or Samair.ru. After you choose one you need to set up your browser to use that proxy. Take for example 188.8.131.52:80 and configure your browser to use it when you connect to the internet.
Next, if you don’t know how to manually change your IP you should check these posts:
- Google Chrome – How To Hide Your IP While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup a Proxy for Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer – How To Manually Hide Your IP Using Internet Explorer
- Firefox: How To Manually Hide Your IP
- Safari – How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari
2. Use Web Proxies
A simpler method is by using a web proxy. Unfortunately, such proxies are usually too slow and unreliable for online streaming. To use such a web proxy simply visit the proxy site, type in the desired URL and press the Go or Submit button. Thus, the site is loaded from the IP of the proxy, not from your IP address.
One such a web proxy with German IP address is Teleport. Also, you may Google for “German web proxy”. If you know more feel free to share them in the comments below.
Important! Before starting to use a web proxy please read the following post: Risks of using a proxy site.
3. Use a VPN service
The best solution is by using a VPN service. They are more secure and reliable as the connection is encrypted.
Here are several VPN providers that provide German IP address:
- HideMyAss – Munich (6 servers), Nuremberg (8), Berlin(3), Dusseldorf(2), Frankfurt(12)
- ibVPN – Frankfurt (4 servers)
- PureVPN – Munich (18 servers), Berlin(18), Hessen(6)
- NordVPN – 59 servers
German channels that you can unblock
Next, here is a list of all the German channels that you can watch live outside Germany with a VPN:
- RTL, RTL Now, RTL2 Now, RTL2, SuperRTL Now
- ARD Mediatek
- Sat1, Sat1Gold
- Prosieben, Pro7Maxx
- Galileo TV
- VOX, VOXNow
- Das Erste
- SkyGo.de (Do you want to access SkyGo UK? Use a Sky VPN.)
To sum up, there are several options when you need to change your IP address to one from Germany. I would go for VPN, but you may also try web proxies or open proxies.
How to browse with IP addresses from other countries
- North America
- South America
- Denmark – How to browse with Danish IP address
- Hungary – How to browse with Hungarian IP address
- Ireland – How to browse with an IP address from Ireland
- Italy – How to browse with an IP address from Italy
- Lithuanian – How to browse with Lithuanian IP address
- Netherlands – How to browse with IP address from Netherlands
- Romania – How to browse with Romanian IP address
- Spain – How to browse with Spanish IP address
- United Kingdom – How to browse with UK IP (7 UK Proxies)
- South Africa – How to Browse with an IP Address from South Africa