First, you should check your real IP address. On XMyIP.com you can see how websites see your IP address and other info about your browser and computer like Operating System, Platform, Browser Name, etc. Learn how to hide IP Safari.
Find a proxy
The next step is to find a proxy to hide IP Safari(i.e. find a new IP address for your computer). You can go to Proxy 4 Free site (also check our list of proxy sites) and choose a proxy from any country you like. Make sure you choose a high anonymity proxy.
After you have chosen the proxy you can start configuring your Safari 3.x.
Setup the proxy in Safari
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Open Safari 3.x
- Go to Edit -> Preferences:
- Choose Advanced tab and press Proxies: Change Settings button:
- In the Internet Options window press LAN Settings button:
- In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window, check Use a proxy server for your LAN:
- In the same window fill in the Address and the Port of the proxy taken from Proxy 4 Free list(e.g. 126.96.36.199: 80 where the IP address of the proxy is 188.8.131.52 and the port is 80):
- Press Ok and then Ok again and you are done.
Your hide IP Safari configuration is completed. In order to check it, go to xmyip.com and see your new IP address.
Important! If the page does not load probably the proxy is too slow or is not available anymore. Try another one!
After you are done with your anonymous browsing activities, do not forget to un-check Use a proxy server for your LAN. Use these settings only when you need to browse under hidden IP address!
Manual setup alternatives
There are hide IP solutions that work for all browsers, not only Safari, and the setup is plug and play. Take, for example, VPN services that offer high security and good browsing speed.