HideMyAss – Secure and Anonymous VPN Service
As you probably heard already, Google has launched his own browser called Chrome. This is rather a surprise taking into account that for years Google has supported Firefox. This is a proof that, after all, everyone has his own agenda. Anyway, if you are interested in finding more info about Google Chrome I recommend you read Google Chrome, Google’s Browser Project.
How to manually hide your IP on Google Chrome
Let’s see now how we can manually configure this new browser to hide your IP address.
First, go to XMyIP.com and check your real IP address.
After you have chosen the proxy you can start configuring Chrome browser.Here are the steps you have to perform to hide IP Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Go to Tools-> Options…
3. Press Change proxy settings button.
4. Choose Connections tab and press LAN Settings button:
5. In the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window, check Use a proxy server for your LAN:
6. In the same window fill in the Address and the Port is taken from the proxy list (e.g. 220.127.116.11: 8080 where the IP address of the proxy is 18.104.22.168 and the port is 8080):
7. Press Ok and then Ok again and you are done.
8. After the configuration is completed go to XMyip.com and check your new IP address. You can now browse anonymously using Google Chrome.
Important! After you are done with your activities under hidden IP, do not forget to uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN. These proxies have a limited lifetime and usually slow down your internet connection. So use them only when you need!
It’s that simple to hide IP Google Chrome! Happy Surfing!
Update: There are hide IP solutions that work for all browsers, not only Chrome, and the setup is plug and play. Take, for example, OpenVPN VPN services that offer high security and good browsing speed.