HideMyAss – Secure and Anonymous VPN Service
If you got banned from a forum or you just need to change your IP address, here are some options available (depending on your configuration).
Important! If you have a static IP address these options do not apply. You should call your ISP and ask them to change your IP address.
Before you begin
Important! Before trying to change your IP, always delete your browser cookies.
Next, change your IP address
Here is how you can do this.
1) If have a dial-up connection, try using a different access number. That will most probably change your IP address.
2) For Cable/DSL (no router) internet connections, go to Start menu, type in cmd and hit Enter. Then type ipconfig /release and hit Enter. Further type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter.
3) If #3 did not work and you are using Cable/DSL (no router), then you should try this: go to Start menu, type in cmd and hit Enter. Then type ipconfig /release and hit Enter.
Then right-click on your Local Area Connection and choose Properties. Double click on Internet Protocol TCP/IP. Click Use the following IP address and enter 126.96.36.199 for the IP and 255.0.0.0 for the subnet mask. Click OK, and then again OK. Go back to the previous dialog box and instead of Use the following IP address choose to Obtain an IP address automatically.
4) If you are using a router with your Cable/DSL connection, log in to the control panel of your router and change your MAC address by decreasing or increasing the last digit by 1. After you did that you should disconnect and reconnect using the control panel interface of the router. You will probably get a new IP address.
5) If none of the above-suggested solutions worked, go to Start menu, type in cmd and hit Enter. Then type ipconfig /release and hit Enter. If you are using a router, log in to the router control panel and release the IP. Then, turn off your router, modem for several hours (for example, overnight)
6) If nothing has worked, call or email your ISP and tell them you experience some problems 🙂 with your current IP address and you need a new one. They will be able to change your IP address or guide you how to do it.
7) If you need to change your IP frequently (e.g. every 10 minutes, or every hour) you should try to hide IP software like Invisible Browsing, IP Hider, etc. Here is the list of such software that we recommend.
I hope these solutions will help you! If you have other suggestions do not hesitate to share them with us.