By using a Japanese proxy you may browse using a Japanese IP address and unblock streaming sites or get access to geo-restricted forums. Learn how to get one.
What is a Japanese IP address?
A Japanese IP address is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider from Japan. The most common Japanese IPs have the following format:
- 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
Are you interested in finding more info regarding the Japanese IP blocks? You may find them here.
What is a Japanese proxy?
A Japanese proxy of Japan proxy is a proxy that is hosted on a server that has Japanese IP address. There may be web proxies or open proxies. Let’s take a look at the various options.
Another web proxy you may use is Teleport.to. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be very reliable.
A different approach is to manually setup a proxy to your browser. Here is what you have to do step-by-step:
- Find a Japanese proxy in a proxy list.
- Choose a proxy (you should go for High Anonymity proxies).
- Manually setup your browser of choice to use the Japan proxy. You may find below browser tutorials.
- Check your new visible IP address.
Step-by-step tutorials for manually setting up a proxy on different browsers:
- Google Chrome – How To Hide Your IP While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- Firefox: How To Manually Hide Your IP
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup a Proxy for Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer – How To Manually Hide Your IP Using Internet Explorer
- Safari – How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari
Important! Before using free web proxies make sure you read: Risks of using a proxy site.
Japanese proxy alternatives – Japan VPN
If you are not happy with the free proxies you find on the Internet you may always switch to a premium solution. VPN services not only provide a faster connection (thus they are more suitable for online streaming), but they are also more reliable.