Do need to browse the Internet with an IP address from Greece for unblocking streaming sites or posting on forums? Keep reading to find out how to get one. Learn how to get a Greek IP address.
What is a Greek IP address or Greece IP?
A Greek IP address is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in Greece. Here are some common Greek IPs:
- 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (OTE SA Hellenic Telecommunications Organization)
- 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (OTE SA)
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (Hellas OnLine)
- 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (TELLAS Telecommunication)
- 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (FORTHnet)
Why would you need a Greek IP address?
There may be use cases that justify this need. For example, if you want to:
- Unblock streaming channels restricted to Greek Internet users.
- Post to forums with a Greek online identity.
- Check the connectivity to your servers from Greece.
Why do you need a Greece IP address? Let us know in the comments below.
3 Ways to get a Greek IP address
1. Use a VPN service
The solution that I recommend to get such an IP is by using a Greek IP VPN service. VPNs provide a reliable connection, good speed, and excellent security. As far as I know, there are no good free VPN services that offer access to servers located in Greece. Thus, you should go for the premium Greece VPN solutions.
Here are the VPN providers that I found and that provide Greek IP address (they also offer other VPN server locations and various VPN protocols options):
- PureVPN – Thessaloniki (6 Greek VPN servers)
- ExpressVPN – Athens (1 Greek VPN server)
- ibVPN – Athens (1 server)
- NordVPN – Athens (1 server)
Are you not happy with the VPN speed? Learn about the things that may impact your VPN connection.
2. Manually change your IP using paid or open proxies
An alternative to VPNs is open or paid proxies. But, you may need to pay attention to your privacy. DO NOT enter your credit card details or other sensitive info while browsing using open proxies.
You may find anonymous proxies with Greek IP addresses on Free-Proxy.cz. After you choose one, you need to set up your browser to use that Greece proxy server. Take, for example, 22.214.171.124:65103 and configure your browser to use it when you connect to the Internet.
Next, if you don’t know how to change your IP manually you should check these posts:
- Google Chrome – How To Hide Your IP Address While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup a Proxy for Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer – How To Manually Hide Your IP Using Internet Explorer
- Firefox: How To Manually Hide IP
- Safari – How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari
3. Use Web Proxies
Another method to browse using a Greek IP address is by using a web proxy. It is free, faster to start, but not better than VPNs. Web proxies are usually slow and unreliable for browsing and streaming.
One such a web proxy with a Greek IP address is Teleport. Also, you may Google for “Greek web proxy,” “Greece proxy servers,” or “Greek proxy.” If you know more, feel free to share them in the comments below.
Important! Before starting to use a web proxy, please read the following post: Risks of using a proxy site.
If you know others, please share them in the comments. Also, you may check the following list of active VPN promotions.
To sum up, there are several options when you need to change your IP address to one from Greece. I strongly recommend trying a VPN service, but may also try proxies.
How to browse with IP addresses from other countries
- North America
- United States – How to navigate with US IP
- South America
- Denmark – How to browse with Danish IP address
- Germany – How to browse with an IP address from Germany
- Hungary – How to navigate with Hungarian IP address
- Ireland – How to browse with an IP address from Ireland
- Italy – How to browse with an IP address from Italy
- Lithuanian – How to navigate with Lithuanian IP address
- Netherlands – How to browse with IP address from Netherlands
- Romania – How to browse with Romanian IP address
- Spain – How to browse with a Spanish IP address
- United Kingdom – How to navigate with UK IP (7 UK Proxies)
- South Africa – How to Browse with an IP Address from South Africa