Do you need to browse the Internet with an IP address from Greece for unblocking streaming sites or posting on forums? Keep reading to find out how to get one. Learn how to get a Greek IP address.
What is a Greek IP address or Greece IP?
A Greek IP address is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in Greece. Here are some common Greek IPs:
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (OTE SA Hellenic Telecommunications Organization)
- 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (OTE SA)
- 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (Hellas OnLine)
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (TELLAS Telecommunication)
- 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (FORTHnet)
Why would you need a Greek IP address?
There may be use cases that justify this need. For example, if you want to:
- Unblock streaming channels restricted to Greek Internet users, including local flavors of Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime.
- Watch Greek TV shows.
- Post to forums with a Greek online identity.
- Check the connectivity to your servers from Greece.
Why do you need a Greece IP address? Let us know in the comments below.
3 Ways to get a Greek IP address
1. Use a VPN service
The solution that I recommend to get such an IP is by using a Greek IP VPN service. VPNs (Virtual Private Network) provide a reliable Internet connection, good speed, online privacy, malware protection, and excellent security. As far as I know, there are no good free VPN services that offer access to servers located in Greece. Thus, you should go for the premium Greece VPN solutions.
Here are the VPN providers that I found and that provide Greek IP address (they also offer other VPN server locations and various VPN protocols options):
- PureVPN – Thessaloniki (6 Greek VPN servers)
- ExpressVPN – Athens (1 Greek VPN server)
- NordVPN (probably the best VPN on the market) – Athens (1 server)
All these VPN providers offer:
- unlimited bandwidth;
- strict no logs policy;
- high-speed servers in different countries;
- DNS and IP leak protection;
- easy-to-use kill switch;
- access to user-friendly apps for all operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android) and devices (iPhone, iPad, Android phones, etc.);
- money-back guarantee;
- easy setup on routers.
Are you not happy with the VPN speed? Learn about the things that may impact your VPN connection.
2. Manually change your IP using paid or open proxies
An alternative to VPNs is open or paid proxies. They may provide fast speeds, but, you need to pay attention to your privacy. DO NOT enter your credit card details or other sensitive info while browsing using open proxies.
You may find anonymous proxies with Greek IP addresses on Free-Proxy.cz. After you choose one, you need to set up your browser to use that Greece proxy server. Take, for example, 220.127.116.11:65103 and configure your browser to use it when you connect to the Internet.
Next, if you don’t know how to change your IP manually you should check these posts:
- Google Chrome – How To Hide Your IP Address While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup a Proxy for Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer – How To Manually Hide Your IP Using Internet Explorer
- Firefox: How To Manually Hide IP
- Safari – How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari
3. Use Web Proxies
Another method to browse using a Greek IP address is by using a web proxy. It is free, faster to start, but not better than VPNs. Web proxies are usually slow and unreliable for browsing and streaming.
One such a web proxy with a Greek IP address is Teleport. Also, you may Google for “Greek web proxy,” “Greece proxy servers,” or “Greek proxy.” If you know more, feel free to share them in the comments below.
Important! Before starting to use a web proxy, please read the following post: Risks of using a proxy site.
To sum up, there are several options when you need to change your IP address to one from Greece. I strongly recommend trying a secure VPN service, but may also try proxies.