A company in Sweden called Relakks offers VPN service that allows you not only to surf anonymously but also to use clients and applications anonymously on the internet.
That means that when someone uses Relakks.com their internet traffic originates from Sweden – and there is no (easy) way to track that person’s connection back to the originating country or ISP. The VPN re-routes all of the client’s traffic through Sweden, effectively ‘hiding’ your internet connection behind a VPN IP address.
How to use it
- Go to Relakks.com site
- Sign out for a new account
- In order to activate your account, you have to purchase one of the two subscriptions: monthly and yearly.
- The monthly option runs 5 EUR, (about $6.33 USD)
- The yearly option is 45 EUR, (about $57.04 USD)
- Set up your Internet connection to use VPN servers (take a look below to see how it is done)
- Start browsing with Swedish IP address using any browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.)
Installation instructions for Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Click Start menu and then Connect To.
- Click on “Set up a connection or network”.
- Choose “Connect to a workplace” and then click Next.
- Choose “Use my Internet connection (VPN)”.
- Type “pptp.relakks.com” in the “Internet address” field.
- Type “Relakks” in the “Destination name” field.
- Check the alternative “Allow other people to use this connection” if you want your service to be available for any user using this computer. Click Next.
- Fill in your username and password. NOTE! Leave the “Domain” field empty.
- Click Connect to finish the installation and to test your connection.
- You will no get a notification saying “You are connected”. Click Close. You are now connected to the service.
- You will see a dialogue box saying “Select a location for the ‘Relakks’ network”. Choose “Public location” for highest security settings. Then click Close.
Have you tried Relakks or other VPNs that offer servers with Swedish IP addresses? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.