Later Edit: IP Hider 4.0 is no longer available. You should look for other hide IP tools.
AllAnonymity.com has released, several days ago, version 4.0 of their product, IP Hider. IP Hider is one of the most popular hide IP tools on the market as it provides a very good quality/price ratio. This was confirmed by my readers who voted IP Hider and UltraSurf as “The best hide IP software of 2008”.
Version 4.0 comes with a Smart Mode (easy mode) that shows a map with all countries where premium proxies are available. A click is enough to hide your IP address and change it to one from the specified country.
Let’s take a tour to see how the product works. First, download and install IP Hider. After installation, the product will start automatically and you will be shown the following screen.
Then, click on the map to choose the location of your fake IP address. The available countries are United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and Ireland. If you need another location you should press Feedback button and fill in the form.
Now, your IP address is changed. You may check by loading xmyip.com or by simply pressing Check IP button.
If the current proxy is slow or you want to change the location/state, you can choose another one from the same country by pressing “Choose another proxy“.
That’s it! Your IP is hidden. To change the country simply click on the map. To show your real IP click on Show IP button.
IP Hider 4.0 advanced mode
IP Hider has also an Advanced Mode which actually the interface of the previous version. This mode allows you choose the proxy manually, test it and also exposes other useful features for advanced usage. You can read more about the previous version (3.7) in the following posts:
As usual, I have compiled a list of pros and cons of this new version of IP Hider.
IP Hider 4.0 pros and cons
- Hides your IP address in one click
- Easy to use interface, suitable for beginners
- It has an impressive list of premium proxies
- You can browse with IPs from different countries or states
- Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.
- It includes delete browser history and deletes cookies features
- Easy/Smart mode for simple usage
- Advanced mode for more experienced users
- The price of $29 is quite acceptable
- It’s not FREE, but you can use it in trial mode for 3 days.
- It depends on proxies. When the product is used by a lot of people IP Hider can slow down your internet connection. The good news is that the list of premium proxies is quite large (about 25), compared with UltraSurf (3 proxies) or Freegate (7 proxies)
To sum up, IP Hider 4.0 is one of the simplest and efficient hide IP tools that I have tried. If you need to change your IP you should definitely give it a try.