We have received the following questions from Larry:
1. Do you use Gpass yourself for your free anonymous surfing ?
2. Do you use or can you recommend any very good paid anonymous proxy server services that actually work, I’ve tested a few myself that do not work, the latest version of Anonymizer just don’t work at all.
3. Have you done any research on other forms of anonymizing yourself, such as vpn tunneling?
Larry, here are the answers to your questions:
1. Yes, we are using Gpass and we are somehow satisfied with the results. See the pros and the cons that we have identified / considered about using Gpass. Overall is one of the best free solutions available on the Internet.
2. We have been evaluation several paid solutions and you can find our comments on this blog. Lately we have found out Hide-IP-Browser which is a great application (unfortunately is just version 1.0 – which means that is not that stable as other applications) that can hide your IP easily. We will post a review about this application soon on the blog.
The pros for Hide-Ip-Browser are: you can select the country for the proxy, you can even select the location (which is a great feature), the proxy speed is very good.
The cons are: it is a browser itself so you cannot use it with other browsers, it is version 1.0 which means that some small problems (I guess they are bugs) still appear. Overall we think that this is the most promicing application that we have tested.
And yes – we have tested the latest version of Anonymizer and we can confirm that is not working well at all. We will write a post about this topic on the blog as well.
Also, don’t forget to check the existing list of recommended hide ip tools.
3. Regarding the VPN tunneling – we are using this technology as well and in fact we will post a few reviews on the blog. The main cons in this case is the fact that is an expensive technology – some companies that offer this service ask up to $90 /mo and if the VPN IP is banned on a forum that are using (for example) – you will be banned as well. The pros is the fact that most of the applications work with VPN and the download speed is good.
To all, feel free to contact us with questions and suggestions on privacy issues.
Do you use GPass? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.