I have finally downloaded Anonymizer Surfing to see how this well-known software is able to change my IP address. Learn about its pros and cons.
Installation and setup
The installation process went smoothly and Anonymizer home screen was shown. Positive first impression: nice, clean, friendly user interface.
The first step to start hiding your IP address is to request a trial. You have to choose a username, password, and fill in your email address. Not very happy about it …
Then, go to Anonymous Surfing tab and choose “On”. That’s it! Very simple.
Anonymizer Surfing Pros
- Very nice and friendly user interface
- Simple to use (even though there seem to be several bugs – see Cons)
- The proxy or proxies used are high anonymous proxies
- Fast proxies
- Powerful features: Anti-Phishing, Anti-Pharming, Wi-Fi Security, Malicious Web Site Filtering and Surfing Security SSL Encryption.
- The price is acceptable – $29.95 / year
Anonymizer Surfing Cons
- You have to activate the trial by filling a form (including your email address)
- In order to activate the trial I had to restart the software
- After activating the trial, I could not turn it on. After pressing the “On” button the first time, nothing happens. I had to restart Anonymizer again. Then it starts working.
- You can not choose the proxy (IP address) or the country of the proxy
- It seems to use only one proxy (?)
- The help is … not very helpful
To sum up, Anonymizer Surfing is a good software for hiding your IP address. Even though it does not offer as many options of choosing the location of your fake IP (like IP Hider or Invisible Browsing), it’s a useful software that hides your IP.
Have you tried Anonymous Surfing? Share your experience with other users! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!