Do you have a blog that is related to online anonymity? Are you interested in earning some money from referring a VPN service? Here is are some guidelines on how you to become a VPN affiliate.
What you need
Firstly, you need a PayPal, Bitcoin or a bank account. If you are located in a country that is not accepted by PayPal, or you can not have a Bitcoin or bank then this is not for you. 🙁
- Are they looking for a solution that unblocks Hulu or Netflix? Then you need a VPN that offers US IP addresses.
- Are they looking for a UK service to unblock BBC iPlayer?
- How much can they afford to spend on such service?
- Do they need increased security? Then OpenVPN is a must.
- Are they mostly located in China or Iran? Then you need to make sure that the service you refer is available in those locations.
How do you find all these?
Simple! Just pay a little attention to your blog stats and comments. They should offer enough info to help you make a good choice. Anyway, in the long term, you should try different affiliate programs and see what is the most profitable for you.
Another aspect is related to the commission earned by you. Usually, the commission is between 10-20%, but sometimes, for newer services, you can get more.
Top VPN affiliate programs
Here are some affiliate programs you could join:
- HideMyAss – One of the most generous VPN affiliate program on the market. It offers 100% off the first purchase from the monthly plans and 30-40% for the semi-annual and annual plan. The commission is paid via PayPal, bank transfer, and Payoneer Card.
- StrongVPN – It’s one of the most important VPN services on the market. That is, of course, a plus, but there are also downsides: there are a lot of users that are not very pleased with the service due to the high load. By referring StrongVPN you can earn one-month cost for a package purchased – starting from $7 and up to $30 per sale.
- HideIpVPN – Quite popular these days. They offer 15% commission on all payments.
- NordVPN – Similar to HideMyAss program.
- ExpressVPN – Flat fee commissions, from $13 per monthly plan sale to $36 per annual plan sale.
- PrivateInternetAccess – Earn up to 33% in commission on new and recurring sales over the lifetime of a customer.
- PureVPN – 100% for the monthly plan and 40% for the other plans.
- ibVPN – ibVPN is a new VPN service and offers 25%-50% commission for all payments, including the recurring ones. This is a great offer!
The last step is to start promoting the service. It’s important not just to link to the service or show a banner. You should first try it and write an honest review with pros and cons.
How much could you earn?
This depends on many factors like the number of readers for your blog, the trust they have in what you recommend, the way you present the service, etc. I would say that for an average blog promoting 1-2 services $50-100/month is a possible goal.