During last weeks, Eric Jung – the creator of FoxyProxy, has worked hard to improve the add-on and fix bugs. FoxyProxy 2.13 is now available for download!
FoxyProxy is an excellent Firefox add-on that completely replaces Firefox’s limited proxying capabilities. It provides a lot of features and it’s considered to be more complete than the well-known SwitchProxy or other similar add-ons. If you have not installed FoxyProxy yet, you should follow the step-by-step tutorial by Scott Mulligan. Enjoy!
FoxyProxy 2.13 main features
Here are the most important features added or bugs fixed in the last versions:
- Ability to remove the “FoxyProxy:” prefix in the statubar with a “hidden preferenence” (i.e., no GUI currently).
- Log sorting by clicking on a column
- Open log URLs in tabs
- Copy URLs of log rows to clipboard
- Ability to delete log rows
- Fixed launching of URLs on Sonbird and other platforms
- Fixed “Copy Selection” so it copies patterns, too (as it did in 2.8.14 and before).
- Translation updates
- When adding a new proxy, the Proxy Details tab is now the default tab. This contributes towards faster addition of new proxies (one less click)
- Warning message for “You didn’t enter and enable any whitelisted (inclusive) URL patterns …” now has a “Do not show this message again” checkbox for better usability to people who use FoxyProxy like SwitchProxy (i.e., load all URLs through one proxy at a time)
- Revamp of “Do not show this message again” checkboxes so they can more easily be added for all sorts of annoying, recurring questions in FoxyProxy.
- Fixed longstanding bug whereby regular expression special characters ($, ., +, (, ), and ^) couldn’t be used in URL patterns
- Ability to sort patterns by clicking on the column headings
- Ability to disable resetting of icon colors after URLs have finished loading via a “hidden preferenence” (i.e., no GUI currently).
- Change the attribute /foxyproxy[@resetIconColors] from true to false and restart Firefox. This enables you to easily see which proxy was last used (instead of having to use the FoxyProxy Logging tab).