Now and then you need to change your IP address to an IP from UK in order allow you unblock YouTube, Facebook, iPlayer, log in on forums, web chat rooms, as a UK citizen.
What is a UK IP address?
A UK IP address is an IP that is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in United Kingdom. The most common UK IPs have the following format:
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
You may find more info regarding the UK IP blocks by checking this post.
3 Ways to get a UK IP address
1. Use Web Proxies
Web proxies are the most simple way to change your IP address. But, the main advantage of a web proxy is the fact that you don’t have to install anything. Just visit the proxy, type in the desired URL and press the Go or Submit button. Thus, the site will be loaded from the IP of the proxy, not from your IP address.
I have gathered here a list of several web proxies that are now functional and that are hosted on UK servers. It may change in the future. As you probably know web proxies have a short life.
- Change IP Country (cIPC) – It is an anonymizer program which acts as an HTTP or FTP proxy. Through it, you can retrieve any resource that is accessible from the server this runs on. It is useful when your access is limited, but you can reach a server that can, in turn, reach others that you can’t.
Must read: Risks of using a proxy site.
2. Manually change your IP using paid or open proxies
Another option to consider is to change the public IP of your computer/device manually. Next, go to sites that list proxies like XRoxy, find a proxy server from the United Kingdom and then change your browser’s settings to use that proxy.
Further, if you don’t know how to change your IP manually you should check these posts:
- Internet Explorer – How To Manually Hide Your IP Using Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome – How To Hide Your IP While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- Firefox: How To Manually Hide Your IP
- Safari – How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup a Proxy for Microsoft Edge
3. Use a VPN service
Also, if you find the proxies slow, an excellent alternative is the VPN services. You may see below a list of VPN services that provide British IP addresses.
What is a UK VPN service?
A UK VPN service is a VPN that offers access to one or more servers located in the United Kingdom. A more extended definition includes the VPN services that change your IP to a UK one, but the actual server is not located in the United Kingdom. They provide primarily the same service.
How to choose a UK VPN provider?
Firstly, take a look at the suggested providers from the list below. Your choice depends on your budget and on what you need.
Secondly, I recommend starting with the VPN services that offer a free trial. You can quickly set up a free account and see how they fit your needs.
List of UK VPN services
Here is a list of several such UK VPN services. They all offer excellent VPN server network, excellent speed, unlimited bandwidth, easy-to-use VPN apps (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), simultaneous connections, kill switch, various VPN protocols (OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, StealthVPN, Softether), leak protection (including IP leak protection, DNS leak protection and WebRTC leak protection), and money back guarantee.
|VPN Provider||Price||Free Trial|
What you can use a UK VPN for
When one connects to such a server, all the Internet traffic is redirected to that server. There are three obvious reasons for using a UK VPN:
- Unlock geo-restricted sites from outside the UK (sites that are designed and offered to British citizens) like BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, Demand Five.
- Encrypt your Internet traffic and protect yourself from sniffing attacks (this is for UK users that already have access to all the sites mentioned above).
- Protect your online identity while downloading torrents.
UK VPN providers offer a large number of UK server options, with unlimited bandwidth and excellent browsing speed. And, the prices vary from $4 to $15 per month.
How to browse with IP addresses from other countries
- United States: How to browse with US IP
- Netherlands: How to browse with IP address from Netherlands
- Germany: How to browse with an IP address from Germany
- Ireland: How to browse with an IP address from Ireland
- Hungary: How to browse with IP address from Hungary
- Russia: How to browse with Russian IP address
- Denmark: How to browse with Danish IP address
- India: How to browse with Indian IP address
- Thailand – How to Browse with Thai IP address