HideMyAss – VPN Service with Russian Servers
What is a Russian IP address?
Firstly, let’s see what Russian IP address is: it’s an IP that is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in Russia. The most common Russian IPs have the following format:
- from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (OJSC Rostelecom)
- from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (OJSC Rostelecom)
- from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (OJSC “VimpelCom”)
- from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (OJSC Rostelecom)
- from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (OJSC Rostelecom)
Are you interested in finding more info regarding the Russian IP blocks? Check this post.
3 Ways to get a Russian IP address
1. Use Web Proxies
Web proxies are very simple to use and you don’t have to install anything. Just visit the proxy, type in the desired URL and press the Go or Submit button. Thus, the site is loaded from the IP of the proxy, not from your IP address. The major problem of web proxies is the speed that is quite low.
On Free-Proxy.cz you can find several proxies located on Russian servers or you may try WebProxySite.ru.
Must read: Risks of using a proxy site.
2. Manually change your IP using paid or open proxies
Another solution to consider is to manually change your IP. Go to sites that list proxies (e.g. SamAir.ru), find a proxy from Russia and then change your browser’s settings to use that proxy. More, take for example 220.127.116.11:8080 and configure your browser to use it when you connect to the internet.
If you don’t know how to manually change your IP you should check these posts:
- Firefox 3.0: How To Manually Hide Your IP
- How To Hide Your IP While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari 3.x
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup a Proxy for Microsoft Edge
3. Use a VPN service
VPN services are the best option to securely get an IP address from a server located in Russia. Therefore, you may browse the Web safely as the connection from your computer to the server is encrypted. They are easy to install and get connected as most of the providers offer their own apps for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Moreover, there are plenty of VPN services that offer access to servers located in Russia. The ones that I recommend are ExpressVPN, NordVPN, HideMyAss VPN, ibVPN, and PureVPN. If you know others please share them in the comments.
Are you not happy with the VPN speed? Learn about the things that may impact your VPN connection.
To sum up, there are several options when you need to change your IP address to one from Russia. The easiest one is by using web proxies, but due performance problems I personally recommend trying a VPN service.
How to browse with IP addresses from other countries
- United States – How to browse with US IP
- Netherlands – How to browse with IP address from Netherlands
- Germany – How to browse with an IP address from Germany
- Ireland – How to browse with an IP address from Ireland
- United Kingdom – How to browse with UK IP (7 UK Proxies)
- Hungary – How to browse with Hungarian IP address
- Denmark – How to browse with Danish IP address
- Thailand – How to Browse with Thai IP address