How about watching Rai channels or Mediaset on-demand while traveling outside Italy? Yes, it is possible by getting access to an Italian IP address. Take a look below at the various options.
What is an Italian IP address?
Firstly, an Italian IP address is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in Italy. The most common Italian IPs have the following format:
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 (Vodafone Omnitel)
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 (Fastweb SpA)
- 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 (Telecom Italia Mobile)
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 (Vodafone Omnitel)
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 (Vodafone Omnitel)
3 Ways to get an Italian IP address
1. Use a VPN service
The best option to get an IP from Italy and unblock restricted websites is by using a VPN service. Such a service allows you to browse securely and privately as the connection is encrypted.
However, VPNs with Italian servers are not free, but they are quite affordable. Most of them are regularly running promotions, and you can get an account for less than $2/month.
Further, my advice is to choose one of the following top VPN services that offer Italian IP addresses (Italian VPN): ExpressVPN, PureVPN, HideMyAss VPN, ibVPN (read our complete ibVPN review), and NordVPN. If you know others, please share them in the comments.
Are you not happy with the VPN speed? Learn about the things that may impact your VPN connection.
2. Use Web Proxies
A free method to get an Italian IP while browsing the Internet is by using web proxies. They are a handy solution, but it is not suitable for online streaming as they are usually too slow and unreliable. To use such a web proxy simply visit the proxy site, type in the desired URL and press the Go or Submit button. Thus, the site is loaded from the IP of the proxy server, not from your IP address.
One such an Italian web proxy is
Teleport. If you know more feel free to share them in the comments below.
But, before using web proxies make sure you read: Risks of using a proxy site.
3. Manually change to Italian IP using paid or open proxies
The third option: open or paid proxies. They are usually more stable and generally faster than web proxies. But, you may need to pay attention to your privacy. DO NOT enter your credit card details or other sensitive info while browsing using open proxies.
You may find proxies with Italian IP addresses on XRoxy. After you choose one, you need to set up your browser to use that Italian proxy server. Take for example 18.104.22.168:2016 and configure your browser to use it when you connect to the internet.
Next, if you don’t know how to change your IP manually you should check these posts:
- Google Chrome – How To Hide Your IP While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- Firefox: How To Manually Hide Your IP
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup a Proxy for Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer – How To Manually Hide Your IP Using Internet Explorer
- Safari – How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari
Italian Channels That You Can Unblock
Finally, here is a list of all the Italian channels that you can watch live outside Italy with a VPN or proxies:
- Rai 1, Rai 2, Rai 3, Rai 4, Rai 5, Rai Movie, Rai Premium, Rai Gulp, Rai Yoyo, Rai Storia, Rai Scuola, Rai News, Rai Sport
- Canale 5, Italia 1, Italia 2, Rete 4, La 5
- Mediaset, Premium Play
To conclude, there are several options when you need to change your IP address to one from Italy. I strongly recommend VPN services but you may also try web proxies or open proxies.