Would you like to watch Hostar or Star Sports from outside India? Then you need to get an Indian IP address. In order to change your IP address to an Indian one, you have several alternatives that I listed below.
What is an Indian IP address?
An Indian IP is usually assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in India. The most common Indian IPs have the following format:
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
3 Ways to get an Indian IP address
1. Use Web Proxies
Indian proxy sites are probably the handiest solution, but it is not suitable for online streaming. They are usually too slow and unreliable. To use such a web proxy simply visit the proxy site, type in the desired URL and press the Go or Submit button. Thus, the site is loaded from the IP of the proxy, not from your IP.
One such a web India proxy with an IP address In India is Teleport. If you know more feel free to share them in the comments below.
Must read: Risks of using a proxy site.
2. Manually change your IP using paid or open proxies
Open or paid proxies may be an excellent alternative to web proxies. They are more stable and usually faster. But, you may need to pay attention to your privacy. DO NOT enter your credit card details or other sensitive info while browsing using open proxies.
You may find Indian proxy servers with Indian IP addresses on WebProxyForFree. After you choose one, you need to set up your browser to use that Indian proxy. Take for example 18.104.22.168:8088 and configure your browser to use it when you connect to the internet.
Next, if you don’t know how to change your IP manually you should check these posts:
- Internet Explorer – How To Manually Hide Your IP Using Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome – How To Hide Your IP While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- Firefox: How To Manually Hide Your IP
- Safari – How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup Proxy Servers for Microsoft Edge
3. Use a VPN service
For sure, VPN services are the best option to securely get an IP from a server located in India. Another plus is that they offer a fast connection. Moreover, such a service allows you to browse safely and privately as the connection is encrypted. They run on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, routers and other devices that are able to handle VPN connections.
Therefore, my advice is to choose one of the following VPN service that offers Indian IP addresses: HideMyAss VPN, ibVPN, ExpressVPN, and PureVPN. If you know other Indian VPN services, please share them in the comments.
Are you not happy with the VPN speed? Learn about the things that may impact your VPN connection.
Indian Channels That You Can Unblock
Next, here is a list of all the Indian channels that you can watch live outside India with a VPN:
- Star Gold
- Star Utsav
- Star Vijay
- Asia Net
- Star Pravah
- Baby TV
- Channel V
- Life OK
- Asia Net Plus
- National Geographic Channel
To sum up, there are several options when you need to change your IP address to one from India. The easiest one is by using Indian web proxies or open proxies, but due to performance problems, I strongly recommend trying a VPN service.
How to browse with IP addresses from other countries
- North America
- South America
- Denmark – How to browse with Danish IP addresses
- Germany – How to browse with an IP address from Germany
- Hungary – How to navigate with Hungarian IPs
- Ireland – How to browse with an IP address from Ireland
- Italy – How to browse with an IP address from Italy
- Lithuanian – How to browse with Lithuanian IPs
- Netherlands – How to browse with IP address from Netherlands
- Romania – How to browse with Romanian IP
- Spain – How to browse with Spanish IP address
- United Kingdom – How to navigate with UK IP (7 UK Proxies)
- South Africa – How to Browse with IP Addresses from South Africa