What is a China IP address?
A Chinese IP address is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in China. The most common Chinese IPs have the following format:
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
Why would you need a Chinese IP address?
It is more common to try to get a US IP or UK IP address from China than to get a Chinese IP from another part of the World. But, there may be use cases that justify this need. For example, if you want to:
- Test if your website is blocked in China.
- Test your website or an app like a user located in China.
- Unblock Youku, Tudou, Sohu, LeTV or other Chinese restricted websites.
- Check the connectivity to your servers from China.
3 Ways to get a China IP address
1. Use a VPN service
The solution that I recommend to get such an IP is by using a VPN service. VPNs provide a reliable connection, good speed, and excellent security. As far as I know, there are no good free VPN services that provide access to servers located in China. Thus, you should go for the premium solutions.
Here are the VPN providers that I found and that provide Chinese IP address:
- PureVPN – Guangdong (4 servers), Shanghai (2 servers)
- HideMyAss – Beijing (1 server), Guangdong/Shenzhen (1 server), Sichuan Sheng/Chengdu (1 server)
- ibVPN – Beijing (1 server), Shanghai (1 server)
2. Use Web Proxies
Another method to browse using Chinese IP address is by using a web proxy. It is free, faster to start, but not better than VPNs. Web proxies are usually slow and unreliable for browsing and streaming.
To use such a web proxy merely visit the proxy site, type in the desired URL and press the Go or Submit button. Thus, the site is loaded from the IP of the proxy, not from your IP address.
One such a web proxy with Chinese IP address is Teleport. Also, you may Google for “Chinese web proxy.” If you know more feel free to share them in the comments below.
Important! Before starting to use a web proxy, please read the following post: Risks of using a proxy site.
3. Manually change your IP using paid or open proxies
An alternative to web proxies is the open or paid proxies. They are more stable and usually faster. But, you may need to pay attention to your privacy. DO NOT enter your credit card details or other sensitive info while browsing using open proxies.
You may find proxies with Chinese IP addresses on Free-Proxy.cz. After you choose one, you need to set up your browser to use that proxy. Take for example 126.96.36.199:80 and configure your browser to use it when you connect to the internet.
Next, if you don’t know how to change your IP manually you should check these posts:
- Google Chrome – How To Hide Your IP While Browsing Using Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge – How to Setup a Proxy for Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer – How To Manually Hide Your IP Using Internet Explorer
- Firefox: How To Manually Hide Your IP
- Safari – How To Manually Mask Your IP Using Safari
If you know others, please share them in the comments. Also, you may check the following list of active VPN promotions.
Are you not happy with the VPN speed? Learn about the things that may impact your VPN connection.
To sum up, there are several options when you need to change your IP address to one from China. I strongly recommend trying a VPN service, but may also try proxies.
How to browse with IP addresses from other countries
- North America
- United States – How to browse with US IP
- South America
- Denmark – How to navigate with Danish IP address
- Germany – How to browse with an IP address from Germany
- Hungary – How to browse with Hungarian IP address
- Ireland – How to browse with an IP address from Ireland
- Italy – How to navigate with an IP address from Italy
- Lithuanian – How to browse with Lithuanian IP address
- Netherlands – How to browse with IP address from Netherlands
- Romania – How to browse with Romanian IP address
- Spain – How to navigate with Spanish IP address
- United Kingdom – How to browse with UK IP (7 UK Proxies)
- South Africa – How to Browse with an IP Address from South Africa