Do need to browse the Internet with an IP address from Greece for unblocking streaming sites or posting on forums? Keep reading to find out how to get one. Learn how get a Greek IP address.
What is a Greek IP address?
A Greek IP address is assigned to an ISP or hosting provider that provides Internet services in Greece. Here are some common Greek IPs:
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (Ote SA)
- 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (Ote SA)
- 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 (Hellas OnLine)
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (TELLAS Telecommunication)
- 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (FORTHnet)
Do you want to find more details regarding Greek IP blocks? Check this post.
Why would you need a Greek IP address?
There may be use cases that justify this need. For example, if you want to:
- Unblock streaming channels restricted to Greek Internet users.
- Post to forums with a Greek online identity.
- Check the connectivity to your servers from Greece.
Why do you need a Greek IP address? Let us know in the comments below.
3 Ways to get a Greek IP address
1. Use a VPN service
The solution that I recommend in order to get such an IP is by using a VPN service. VPNs provide reliable connection, good speed and excellent security. As far as I know there are no good free VPN services that provide access to servers located in Greece. Thus, you should go for the premium solutions.
Here are the VPN providers that I found and that provide Greek IP address:
- ibVPN – Athens (1 server)
- NordVPN – Athens (1 server)
- ExpressVPN – Athens (1 server)
- PureVPN – Thessaloniki (6 servers)
Are you not happy with the VPN speed? Learn about the things that may impact your VPN connection.
2. Manually change your IP using paid or open proxies
An alternative to VPNs are the open or paid proxies. But, you may need to pay attention to your privacy. DO NOT enter your credit card details or other sensitive info while browsing using open proxies.
You may find proxies with Greek IP addresses on Free-Proxy.cz. After you choose one you need to setup your browser to use that proxy. Take for example 220.127.116.11:65103 and configure your browser to use it when you connect to the internet. [click to continue…]