Finding free VPN services is not easy as most VPN services do not have a free version, only a few days you can test. The most well-known free VPN service is Hotspot Shield, but from time to time other services come and go. As was the case with AlwaysVPN.
A few days ago, I have found out about another free VPN service: AlonWeb.
How to Get Started with Alonweb
As some VPN services, Alonweb also requires download OpenVPN. Also, you need register an account. Here are the steps you have to perform in order to get started:
- Create an account
here. You’ll have to enter your email address and choose a username and password for your account.
- Download OpenVPN client. It is malware and spyware-free open-source software.
- Run the installer with Administrator privileges.
- Using the Alonweb VPN service is very simple. Right-click the OpenVPN client icon in your system tray and select “Connect”.
- Enter the username and password for your account.
- You are done!
Alonweb Premium Service
The free version is limited to 1GB broadband usage per month. Alonweb also provides its users with Premium VPN access, with the following advantages comparing to the free service:
- Distributed VPN network, which currently consists of VPN servers located in the USA, the Netherlands, Russia, and Malaysia, which allows Premium users to choose their IP and switch between them.
- No banner ads are forced into pages.
- No limitations and restrictions. No ports are blocked and no bandwidth is limited.
- Each user is authenticated by dedicated certificate/key pair, which significantly improves security.
- Less loaded servers with improved performance.
- Premium support (response within two hours).
The subscription fee is $5/month.
What do you think about AlonWeb?
Is working for you? It the 1GB broadband limitation enough?
[AlonWeb – Not available anymore]