The Internet is an easy place to shop, pay your bills, manage your bank accounts, etc. With these also comes to the risk of transmitting personal information over the net. You can and you should protect yourself from any threats. Here are 7 free privacy tools to help you browse anonymously and maintain your privacy:
- Tor: Tor improves your security and your privacy through a network of virtual tunnels. It allows anonymous browsing, emailing, file sharing, IMs, and IRC chat.
- XeroBank Browser: xB Browser is a free and open-source anonymous web browser. It is a special version of Firefox that has Tor anonymization coding. Also, xB Browser can run directly from a USB drive.
- OperaTor: a bundle that combines Opera browser, Tor, and Privoxy and can be used on portable devices.
- Anonymous Friend: Internet Explorer Toolbar that helps you post on forums in complete anonymity.
- Incognito: Incognito is an open source project based on Gentoo Linux, assisting you to securely and anonymously use the Internet almost anywhere you go, e.g. your home, work, university, favorite Internet café or local library.
- JonDo: This program anonymizes any surfing you do by using proxy servers, and can keep your internet wanderings secret from just about anyone.
- Guardster: Guardster is a web proxy free of charge and no fees are charged for its use. Guardster does not collect any personal information from its users.
Do you know other FREE tools that help you browse anonymously? Let us know by posting a comment!